The pomegranate tree is a shrub-type tree, this tree grows up to 4-8 meters tall. Ripe fruits are red in color. Inside the fruit, there are red grains, which are mainly eaten. This fruit is known by different names in different countries of the world: for example, it is called “Anar” in Hindustani, Persian, and Pashto languages. It is called “Nar” in the Azerbaijani language. Says “Darim” in Sanskrit and Nepali.
What are the Medicinal Properties of Pomegranate?
Pomegranate fruit is widely used in Ayurvedic and Unani medicine. Pomegranate contains ursolic acid, butyric acid, and some alkaline compounds, so it is used to relieve various diseases. Medicines for dysentery and diarrhea are prepared from the roots, bark, and fruit peel of the plant.
- Pomegranate flowers are very effective in stopping bleeding. If any part of the body is torn, bruised, or cut in a sudden accident and bleeds, crushed pomegranate flowers are applied to the wound and pressed to stop the bleeding. Leaves also work well if flowers are not available.
- Pomegranate flower juice is the main remedy for sudden nosebleeds. Nosebleeds are a common disease. This happens to many people. Many people get nosebleeds for no reason. It can also be seen in children. It happens suddenly. If the nose bleeds or bleeds without injury, polyps, or any other reason, crushing the pomegranate flower and inhaling the juice into the nose will stop the bleeding.
- Pomegranate peel to cure dysentery. For those suffering from dysentery, consuming pomegranate peel after boiling can get good results in curing dysentery. Both raw and dry pomegranate peels are effective in treating dysentery. Therefore, it is better to dry the pomegranate and keep it at home instead of throwing away the peel.
- Pomegranate bark powder and spread on it works well to cure buggies or stings in any part of the body. Pomegranate flowers are useful in curing women’s pelvic diseases.
- Pomegranate leaves are useful in treating miscarriage. Many women miscarry within two to three months of conception. Some women experience this more than once. Pomegranate leaves crushed and mixed with honey and curd is consumed to remove the risk of miscarriage.
- Pomegranate root is anthelmintic. Everyone from children to old people suffer from various complications due to worms. Crushing the bark from the roots or roots of the pomegranate tree, mixing it with lime water, and consuming it easily kills worms. 1-3 grams should be prescribed depending on the age.
- Pomegranate bark to cure stomach ailments in children. Children suffer from various types of colic. For children who suffer from various types of stomach pains including an enlarged stomach, taking the bark from the roots of the pomegranate tree and mixing it with honey gives good results.
- According to many, it is also said that eating pomegranate increases blood in the body.
- Eating pomegranate keeps diabetes under control. Natural insulin Pomegranate is beneficial for diabetes.
Basically, the pomegranate tree – from the fruit, the peel, and the leaves to the roots – is not valued less. It’s Beneficial to people. The medicinal properties of pomegranate are clinically proven.